May 30, 2016

Building the Book Pile #188

Welcome to Building the Book Pile!  A Weekly meme inspired by Stacking the Shelves

Hello Readers, Bloggers, and Awesome people! 



Happy Memorial Day everyone - I hope you are taking a quick moment to remember those we have lost in order to have our freedom. And enjoy any BBQs you are attending.

This past week was busy at work - lots to do at the end of the term, tomorrow is the last day with presentations so next week should be slower but still wrapping up grading etc. with the professors.

At home we are working on our living room - we painted the walls and we will be painiting the trim soon. But we bought some curtains at Kohl's this weekend - all on clearance so they were a steal (oh adult life how you make me laugh - I am excited about curtains)

As far as reading goes, I hit a bit of a slump so I picked up some graphic novels from the library to help... still have to finish a book today if I am getting through my TBR ... we will see if I can do it!

 I  hope that all of YOU had a wonderful week!
 
  Giveaways on Cover2CoverBlog!

    http://cover2coverblog.blogspot.com/2016/05/armchair-bea-2016-giveaway-day.htmlI Wanna Be a Great Big Dinosaur

Coming up on the Blog... 


May 2016 Re-Cap
June TBR Pile 
Recent Reads: Drowned City by Don Brown (GN) 
Recent Reads: The Blue Door by Christa Kinde (YA)
 
      

  Books Received this Week

A Fierce and Subtle Poison
A Fierce and Subtle Poison by Samantha Mabry from Librarything Early Reviewers Program and Recorded Books

From the Library, I checked out -
Nimona Drowned City: Hurricane Katrina and New Orleans  The Marriage of Opposites
Nimona by Noelle Stevenson
Drowned City by Don Brown
The Marriage of Opposites by Alice Hoffman - for book club  


Have you missed anything lately?

Week of May 22th-28th

                                      No comments:

                                      Post a Comment