May 13, 2016

Armchair BEA 2016: To Infinity and ....Beyond the Blog...

Armchair BEA Headquarters


It's Armchair BEA 2016, the online event for those of us not at BEA (crying inside...) but want to have a blast anyway. 

Today we have more fun topics Beyond the Books and Beyond the Blog - see the full agenda HERE 
"Beyond the traditional form of the novel, what are your favorite alternative forms (graphic novels, audiobooks, webcomics, etc)? Do you have any favorite works within these alternate forms? How do you think the changing format affects the reading experience? 

Our secondary topic, beyond the blog could focus on the ways you engage in talking about books outside of your blog. Do you participate in book clubs, take classes, meticulously maintain your goodreads profile? Let the world know!"


So... I want to focus on Beyond the Blog and add some more fun things... like what I do other than blog (yes, sometimes there are other things).

First lets talk about Armchair's questions -

My Book Club:
I host a book club at my office for the activities committee which I am part of, we meet every other month to talk about a book and it is just beginning so nothing too exciting yet.

Classes:
Nope not any more, used to be in school and that is why I started reading more YA and then blogging because school books made my head hurt and I needed a creative release :) 

Goodreads (ahem Librarything, Amazon reviewing):
I have all of them and I use all of them pretty regularly. I am most on top of my Goodreads account. I am on there almost every day for some reason or another. 

Now on to more fun things... my life (insert evil laughter here)
Work:
Yes, I do have a day job, I work 40 hours a week and maintain my blog as well ... sometimes from work. I am an administrative assistant to a few faculty members at a university. I work in an office so I am on the computer ALL the time. Makes for easy blogging conditions. (also they have coffee... I love my job). I am also part of their activities committee so I help arrange all the fun things too. And I am a staff advisor for an on studnet club/society.
Family:
I am married and live with a dog, cat, and 2 bearded dragons - most of you probably know that if you follow me. So I have normal pet-mom duties like the playing, cleaning, walking, feeding etc. Also cuddles, loads of cuddles.
Cooper and I 'read' together
PLAYTIME (non-blog related):
I LOVE puzzles - so sometimes I have a few weeks where that is all I do when I am at home (normally I listen to an audiobook while working though so still getting that TBR in!).
I recently built the 3D Hogwarts castle (squee!)  
OMG this picture... hahaha
Anywho...
I also really love board games - as you can tell from the picture as well. We have a friend that comes over pretty regularly and we play games (old school, I know) It is SO fun.
I also play World of Warcraft quite a bit, I have two maxed out characters and a bunch of smaller ones... I enjoy it but I am not overly involved - like I don't really care about my stats as long as my outfit is somewhat cute, I do ok. I at least log in about every day.
The character I play the most is a Rogue (sneaky sneaky) for Alliance (boo all you want I like being the "good guy" so 😝).

 
And then there is the Netflix - we watch a lot of old TV, right now we are working our way through NCIS. 

Now that I am writing all this it seems like I have SO much time for things... it never really feels that way though - right!? What do you do outside of blogging!? Tell me your life story! (kidding - unless you want to 😬)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment