May 27, 2015

Armchair BEA 2015: Day 1 - Introductions

Armchair BEA Headquarters
It is another year and that means another Armchair BEA for those of us who couldn't make it to the actual BEA Conference.  
(Click the Banner for more info)

 This year there is even a theme! DIVERSITY!!! WOO HOO.
If you haven't already, go sign up to play with us, Armchair BEA registration is HERE.

Day 1: Introductions 


Tell us a bit about yourself: How long have you been blogging? Where are you from? How did you get into blogging?
I am Stephanie, I live in the US in Vermont and I have been blogging since February 2012. I read a lot and used to bother my husband while he was doing things and he told me I needed a hobby and I should start book-blogging - so I did and is has become more than just a hobby, I love it!
Why do you loving reading and blogging?
I love reading because you can go anywhere, be anyone for a chunk of time and it is thrilling. I love blogging because I love that I can share my passion for reading with others and I hope they find my reviews helpful.
What is your theme song?
Yesss....  I love this movie and this theme and even have the soundtrack in my car that I listen to (yes I am a crazy person)

What does diversity mean to you?
Wow, that is a hard one. Diversity to me is a variety of things - giving me options. In the book world this can be characters - genders, races, orientations - and even overall themes as well.
What is one book everyone should read?
One? :/ The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. All the emotion - this is how a book should be.
Share your favorite blog post on your blog. (aka written by you!)
hm... this is a hard one. I would have to say one of my first blog reviews The Peculiars, I requested this book through Netgalley after creating my blog and reviewed it for that purpose so really it got me started. It is nothing fancy but it was a monumental occasion for Cover2CoverBlog.
What is your favorite genre and why?
Young Adult Fantasy, because I love the teenage angst (not sure why) and I love mythical creatures and the crazy-adventurous things that can happen in fantasy.
What book are you reading right now?
I have been reading Empire of Sin for a while now, it is non-fiction and I just have to really be in the mood to read it... I am also reading Vivian Apple at the End of the World.
Empire of Sin: A Story of Sex, Jazz, Murder, and the Battle for Modern New Orleans   Vivian Apple at the End of the World (Vivian Apple, #1)
What is the top book in your TBR pile?
Top as in been there the longest? That would be Old Habits a Wicked Lovely Novella (#2.6) Or which one I want to read right now? That would be Carry On  by Rainbow Rowell coming out later this year -- want SO bad to read that one!
What book are you most looking forward to reading this summer?
ALL of them..., no really, I need to catch up on my reading I have so many books I need to review, I really to to just binge read all summer long!
If you were stranded on a deserted island, what author would you want to bring with you? Why?
Oh that is a good question and a hard one...I feel like I would want to be stranded with Agatha Christie they mystery writer (if she were still alive). I love all of her books - esp. as beach reads so why not be on the beach with her?! Right?!
Take a picture of your bookshelf and share it with us! :) (#ABEAShelfie)
 Here are some of my shelves - I really have books everywhere though.

No comments:

Post a Comment