Jan 2, 2015

Recent Reads: The Hazards of Sex on the Beach by Alyssa Rose Ivy


The Hazards of Sex on the Beach (Hazards, #3)The Hazards of Sex on the Beach by Alyssa Rose Ivy
Series: Hazards #3
Publisher: Alyssa Rose Ivy
Publication Date:  July 21, 2014



 

Format: ebook
Source: Bought


Rating:


Goodreads Synopsis: 
One broken heart, one drink too many, one steamy night in the sand...

No one warns you about the dangers of drinking with a broken heart. At least no one warned me. I never imagined I'd fall for a musician, especially not one like Chase, but then again I never expected to have my heart broken into a million pieces by the frat guy I thought was the love of my life.

Sometimes it's the rash decisions, like hooking up in the sand, that lead you to the best places—the kinds of places where it's possible to let yourself fall in love again.
Review: 
I really like Alyssa Rose Ivy, I think that everything I have read by her I have loved. She has a way with characters that make them seem so real and that you could befriend them as the reader. I love it. This is the third book in the Hazards series, although each of them has difference characters and stories so they can be read separately and in any order you want.

Hazards of Sex on the Beach was an emotional tale about a college age girl getting over a cheating boyfriend – and in doing so decides to have a fling on the beach. Little does she know that the guy will show up in her life again and turn everything crazy.

This is a ‘New Adult’ book so there was a good amount of sexual content and it is not intended for younger readers, but it was done fairly tastefully and since it was not overly raunchy, I enjoyed it.

Cara is the main character and she is going through a lot. She has been with they same guy all throughout her freshman year of college only to find out that has been cheating on her the whole time. Now she has to figure out he life – she has spent so much time with him that she doesn’t really have a life of her own, only ‘their’ life and she is having a hard time of it. She meets a random guy at a party and they have a wonderful night on the beach and she decides to just leave – no strings, a little fun and done. Only he shows up in her college town and she realizes that it must be fate because he still seems interested and she is too.

This was a fun story, I liked Cara and her friends and I loved the romance – it was quirky and laugh-out-loud funny at times. The character building Alyssa uses is wonderful and I love this series.



 

2 comments:

  1. Oh summer fling that shows up later love it..this sounds cute and fun. I love when a book has humor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I really like this series it is funny and fun and light...

      Delete