Aug 18, 2014

Recent Reads: Bats in the Band by Brian Lies

20256583
Bats in the Band by Brian Lies
Publisher: HMH for Young Readers
Publication Date:  August 5, 2014

Grades: Pre-K- 3, Ages: 4-8 


 

Format: Hardback ARC
Source:
HMH for Young Readers for Review. Receiving this book in no way effects my opinion or review of the book.


Rating:


Goodreads Synopsis: 
A late-spring night sky fills with bats flocking to a theater, already echoing and booming with delightful sounds of music. Bat music—plunky banjoes, bat-a-tat drums, improvised instruments, country ballads, and the sweet cries of a bat with the blues. Join this one-of-a-kind music festival as the bats celebrate the rhythm of the night, and the positive power of music. Brian Lies’s newest celebration of bats and their dazzling, dizzying world will lift everyone’s spirits with joyous noise and cheer!
 Review: 
This was an adorable book and I wish I had a youngin' to read it to. I love bats, I think they are fascinating and I think this is a great book about them. The bats in this book are cute and fun, playing instruments and whizzing through the skies. 

The pictures throughout where incredible and I think reading with to/with your kids would be a lot of fun. The book is a wonderful ode to music and the excitement and emotions that it can produce (even in these bats). Brian Lies has a few other books in the Bats series as well, including Bats at the Beach, Bats at the Ballgame, and Bats at the Library all of which are teaching young readers about fun times and things.

A wonderful book!


HMH for Young Readers Purchase Link

Many Thanks to HMH for Young Readers for this book!


 

1 comment:

  1. I think these books are sooo cute. I read Bats in the Library. Plus the art is spot on!

    ReplyDelete