May 11, 2013

Recent Reads Double Review: Parenting Illustrated with Crappy Pictures & I Just Want to Pee Alone

Moms rejoice!! These books are for you. Happy Mother's Day Weekend

 Parenting: Illustrated with Crappy PicturesParenting: Illustrated with Crappy Pictures by Amber Dusick
Publisher: Harlequin
Available: Now!
 

My rating:




Source: Julianna Miner and Mom
Format: Hardback

Background: Amber Dusick is the mom and writer/ illustrator at www.crappypictures.com, haven't heard of it? You should check it out. This book is a parenting manual...kind of...that will, in pictures and illustration show you how to be a parent. Or at least prepare you for the worst.

Review: This book was lough-out-loud funny. I found myself cracking up the whole time I was reading it. Amber is a great mom, she is funny and sarcastic, and a loving parent and the book shows all of those thing. The pictures are the best part, they really tell her stories well and I was amazed to find how easy it was to read this book.

It is a short read, mostly pictures, but you will fly through it and once you are done, you will run to a computer to look up her site and laugh some more.

Great for parents, to-be parents and anyone wanting to learn from an experienced mom that things don't always go as planned.



Publisher: @throat_punch Books
Available: Now!!
 
My rating:


Source: Julianna Miner and Mom
Format: Paperback

Background: This anthology is brought to you by a vast array of mom-bloggers who are awesome enough to share their stories and troubles of parenting with the world.

Review: I have to say that I am not a parent, but this book was really insightful. These moms are hilarious, entertaining, and educational in their short stories about their parenting lives...and I do mean all parts of parenting. From baby birthing stories, to woman doctor visits, how to live with young kids and how to keep your sanity. I really enjoyed reading theses stories and feel like I have learned a lot from these moms. I am not ready to be a parent but I feel like having the opportunity to hear their voices will make me a better parent...hm no...a better prepared parent down the line.

If you are a parent, read this book. If you aren't but want to be someday...read this book. If you just want something light to laugh at...read this book. Are you seeing the trend? I hope so, go read it:) Happy Mother's day weekend!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment