Apr 3, 2013

Recent Reads: Vortex (Tempest #2) by Julie Cross

Vortex (Tempest, #2)Vortex: A Tempest Novel by Julie Cross
Publisher: Macmillan Audio
Available: Now! Jan. 15th, 2013

 

Format: Audiobook
Source: Macmillan Audio

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Background: Jackson Meyer has joined Tempest to try to rewrite his life, only his plans are not going so smoothly. Now he is trying to fix everything, even things that cannot be fixed, and trying not to die by the hands of multiple other agencies. Vortex is the second book in the Tempest series.

Review: I was not sold on Tempest when I read it, and I am not sure about Vortex either. I enjoyed Vortex more than Tempest since a majority of it did not involve time-jumping. I was very interested to see where this series would go and how the plot would pan out, so I requested Vortex as an audiobook for review. I must say that the audio version made me like Jackson’s character a little more than I had in the first book, but I am not sure if it was the reader or that the character actually grew and became a little less self-centered. The biggest issues I had with book one was the time-jumping and all the questions I had, book two does answer some of these questions and like I mentioned, there isn’t a lot of time travel until the end of this installment. I think that Jackson did grow as a character, and I think the plot did get more understandable, but not completely.
Things that I did enjoy: Jackson finds out more about himself and his gift; he also makes friends that are more like him; there was actually a plot… Jackson had a clear goal for a good amount of this book and that was want made it interesting.

I think if you like time travel this series may interest you. It is told from Jackson’s point of view so if has a nice male perspective, but be does come off as a little whiney sometimes. If you want a good mystery, a plot a lot of questions, this is for you. I guess I just want more resolution in each installment, not waiting until the very end. By the way, definite cliffhanger ending.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment