Apr 15, 2013

Early Reader Review: The Whizz Pop Chocolate Shop by Kate Saunders

The Whizz Pop Chocolate ShopThe Whizz Pop Chocolate Shop by Kate Saunders
Publisher: Random House Audio
Available: NOW!! March 12, 2013


 

Format: Audiobook
Source: Random House Audio

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Background: Lily and Oz's family has just inherited an old house on Skittle Street out of the blue. It is a strange matter, because the house used to be owned by a long dead uncle who what a famous chocolate maker. Lily and Oz realize that the house is more than it seems, it is magic, and they must help an immortal rat and cat keep their evil immortal uncle away from them and the family.

Review: There was a lot going on in the book, so many magical people, places and things, and it was a little hard to keep track of at first, but this audiobook was adorable. I was laughing out loud in my car through the whole thing and the end even brought a tear to my eye. Lily and Oz play off one another well and their magical pets are hilarious, especially the cat, she is a trip!

The plot had great flow and I wanted to keep listening to it to find out who was behind some of the drama. I think that for young readers and listeners this would be a wonderful book. I really enjoyed myself while listening to it.

Listen to an Excerpt Here                     

No comments:

Post a Comment