Jun 25, 2012

Early Reader Review: Dear George Clooney Please Marry My Mom by Susin Nielson

Dear George Clooney: Please Marry My MomDear George Clooney: Please Marry My Mom by Susin Nielsen
Available in paperback: NOW! April 10, 2012
Publisher:Tundra

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Background: Violet is going through some stuff, real complicated stuff. Her father has left her mother, and she is left to face the breakdown that occurs thereafter. Including but not limited to: spying, punching people, feeding people poop, writing George Clooney, stealing golf carts, and standing up for her broken family on all fronts.

Review: I loved reading this book! I requested it and was thrilled to get it. This was a spectacular read, Violet is a great character to follow, she is sarcastic, dramatic and entertaining. I think that this story will hit close to home for anyone with family issues and the drama that often comes with them. Susin Nielson wrote this very well. She wrote as a 12 year old and pulled it off, the confusion and angst of having to deal with too much too young, and not being able to vent properly.

This story is Violet's venting and it is funny and sassy. I loved Violet and wish I had been more like her as a kid...then again...maybe I was. On another note: I love George Clooney, I am a little obsessed, so I completely understand wanting to have him as a dad :)

Go get this book!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment